Original paintings discount!


 I’m having a 30% sale on all my original paintings in my BigCartel shop
Use the code HELLOAUTUMN at checkout. Shipping is free, as ever.

I haven't done very much painting this year compared to previous years and there's two main reasons why; my job and the LATE NIGHT WORK CLUB. Last December I started work as a background artist in the Cartoon Saloon on their upcoming feature "The Song of the Sea". On top of that, for the first half of this year I spent every spare minute making a short film (which you can see VERY SOON!!).

EDIT: HERE IT IS!

The problem, if you can call it a problem, with my job is that it's creative and challenging. I've never once felt in the whole year of production that I really got anything bang on, so I haven't felt that frustrated energy that a tedious and creatively limiting job gives lots of people to make great stuff in their spare time. I've really struggled to get every background as good as possible and never once nailed it. It is, however, coming to a close soon which has coincided with what I think might possibly be the far side of one of the longest creative slumps I've had. I've been watching lots of films and reading lots of comics lately because I was pretty wrecked after finishing my film and there was just nothing happening in my head. I haven't had any cosmic inspiration or anything but I feel like I can sense the beginning of new ....things.

Anyway, the point is, I want a bit of a clear-out. I've stripped my website and just put a couple of temporary links in its place and I'm looking forward to rebuilding it with new stuff maybe by the end of the year. Maybe.

Ok. That's all. I just thought I'd give a (fairly) quick update on what I'm doing for anybody who's slightly interested.

EDIT: I forgot to add, if you don't want the real deal and just want a print, I have a page on INPRNT but, to be honest, I don't mind if you just buy somebody else prints. Me and Louise got some prints from them recently and they're amazing. Have a look around. There's some great stuff on there.